BizTalk360 allows administrators to set up fine grained authorization policy to different users accessing the application. Super Users have the privilege to restrict the access only to specific applications in the environment. By setting up fine grained authorization, users can only view and operate on applications for which they have access.
Granting access to applications for users
Let's see an example of how to grant access to specific applications to users in BizTalk360. Josh is a support person and he should have access only to AdventureWorks and BizTalk EDI Application. To set up the authorization, follow the steps as shown below:
- Log in to the application (as a Super User)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click User Access Policy from the left menu bar
- Click Add New to add a new user to the system
- Enter the User name (Josh), Domain name, Service Bus Identity information, and select "Is NT Group", "Is Super User", and "Environment" information as per the requirement. Click here to know more about these fields.
- Click => to set up the applications that the user can access in the environment
- In the Allowed Applications section, select the applications by clicking the check boxes. Click Select All to select all the listed applications in the environment. In this case, we will select AdventureWorks and BizTalk EDI Application.
- Click => to set up the permissions for the user
- Click OK to save the settings and create the user
- Log in to the application as the newly created user (Josh)
- Click Applications from the left menu bar. The user will only be able to see the selected applications AdventureWorks and BizTalk EDI Application. The rest of the applications will not be available to the user.
Click the sliders to view the process of granting access to applications for users.