BizTalk360 allows support persons to create and tag multiple articles against the same error code. The application uses a Best Match scenario to identify and display the KB article for the error code. This depends on the additional options, known as tags (Environment, Computer Name, Host Name) that the support person chooses while creating a KB article for the particular service instance error code.
Creating Multiple Articles For The Throttling Data (say, System Memory)
Suppose, there is a KB article for the throttling data "system memory" (refer creating a KB article for throttling data) and a new KB article to be created for the same throttling data, but for a different host as the mitigation steps are different when compared to other host instances. To create a new KB article for the same event id:
- Log in to the application
- Click Knowledge Base icon at the top of the page
- Click Throttling Data in the Manage Knowledge Base articles page
- Click Add New to create a new KB article
- In the Add New Knowledge base Article page, enter/select the following information. Only when an environment is selected from the drop down, the application will allow the selection the other items.
Article Title – Give a meaningful name for the article
Event ID – Add the throttling state value (ex: 4-process memory, 5- system memory, 10 – user override etc.)
Article Description – Enter the detailed information for the KB Article in the text editor space provided. The text can be formatted with the appropriate font/colors/bold/italics and so on.
Environment – Choose the environment for which the KB Article is to be displayed. If the default option (Choose Environment), the KB article will be applied to all the environments.
- Computer name – Select the computer name in which the throttling data is being collected
- Host name – Select the host for which the throttling information is collected
- Click Save and Close to save the KB article for the corresponding throttling data
- Click Save and Add Another to save the KB article and immediately create another new KB article
Close - to close the KB article creation window and display the list of created KB articles. It will prompt the user with a confirmation message as 'Are you sure you want to close?'. Click OK to close the KB article creation window.
Creating multiple articles for the throttling data (say, system memory)
Follow the exact same steps as shown above, and select the appropriate tags (Environment, Source, Log User, Log Type, Computer Name, Category, Log Name) for the error code. The tags will play the differentiator role to display the appropriate KB article.