This section explains how to install and configure BizTalk360 in a Microsoft BizTalk server running on Windows Server 2012. You can download the latest version installer of BizTalk360 from http://www.biztalk360.com/free-trial/. You must enter the registration information in the form before downloading the BizTalk360 MSI. Once you have submitted the information, you will receive an email with the 14-day free trial key. This trial key is valid for both standard and enterprise edition and can be used across multiple environments, if required.
Once you have the installer and the 14-day trial key, you can start the installation procedure:
Installing BizTalk360 On Windows Server 2012
- Press the 'Windows Key', open Command Prompt on the Metro UI page, right click on it and click ‘Run as Administrator’
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it
- In the Welcome to BizTalk360 Setup Wizard screen, click ‘Next’ to continue
- Read the End User License Agreement and select ‘I accept the terms in the License Agreement’ to accept the license agreement. Click 'Next'.
- In the Prerequisite Checks screen, check whether all the prerequisites have been verified and a green tick mark is placed next to every item. If something is wrong, please cancel the setup, correct the errors, and rerun the setup. If everything is correct, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- In the IIS Virtual Directory Settings page, select the IIS website where you want to create the virtual directory. Enter the application pool settings such as Name, username, and password. Once you have entered the information, click Next to proceed further. Make sure the user is a part of the local groups (refer the Prerequisites section)
- In the Access for creating BizTalk360 Database screen page, specify the SQL Server Name and Database name. You have the option to test whether the connection to the database is successful. (As a best practice, leave this section with the default values). Click Next to proceed to the next screen
- In the Windows Service Settings page, leave the default values and click Next. BizTalk360 uses a background Windows service for certain tasks like creating event log data and persisting in the back end SQL server database, taking care of data purging and so on.
- In the Custom Setup screen, you can pretty much leave everything as default. Make sure you select a valid location to save BizTalk360 on your computer. When you do this, also make sure you change the Website and Windows service component information as changing one will not automatically change the other. Once ready, click Next for the final installation verification step
- Review the information and click ‘Install’ to start the installation process. Once the installation is complete (it takes about 1-2 minutes), click Finish to complete the process.
Click the sliders to view the complete installation procedure.
Verifying The Installation
Once you have completed the installation process, and if everything went well, the installation wizard will open BizTalk360 application in a browser (http://localhost/BizTalk360) and you will see a screen as below.
If you do not see the page as above, kindly refer the First Time Launch Issues sections.
Updating Trial Key With New License Key
Every install of BizTalk360 is made available as a 14-day Free Trial version. You can evaluate the application to understand the features, but if you wish to continue using BizTalk360 after 14 days, you need a fresh license key to continue using the application.
To request for a new license key, you need to follow the below steps:
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ page from the BizTalk360 Dashboard page
- Click ‘Environments/Licenses’ from the left menu
- Select the check box against the environment name and click ‘License’ button
- Enter your Company Name, Environment Type
- Click ‘Generate License Request’. You will notice the generated request information getting filled up in the space below.
- Copy the generated license request information and email it to email@example.com
- Once you receive the new license key from the BizTalk360 Sales team, navigate back to ‘Environments/Licenses’ section.
- Select the check box against the environment name and click ‘Edit’
- In the ‘License Key’ field, replace the trial license key with the new license key
- Click ‘Test Connection’ to validate the license information
- Click ‘OK’ to save the license information. You can now notice that the license type information will display the valid type depending on your request.
- You need to refresh the browser (clear cache) for the changes to take effect
Click the sliders to view the complete license update process.